- Minnesota Wild prospect — sort of — Brennan Menell is displaying his skill over in Belarus for Dinamo Minsk of the KHL. He won’t be coming over for next season, but should he be on the radar for 2021-22? [Hockey Wilderness]
- To open up our 2020 Top 25 Under 25, 19-year-old Marshall Warren makes his debut on the list. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- The NHL and the team were aware of Arizona Coyotes’ top 2020 pick Mitchell Miller’s past of racially abusing a classmate, and his display of no remorse for his actions. [The Athletic]
- ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski offers an inside look at how the various minor hockey leagues around North America are planning for a pandemic season. [ESPN]
- Per TSN’s Darren Dreger, the Ontario Hockey League general managers will meet tomorrow in preparation of a Feb. 4 season start.
OHL GM’s will virtually meet tomorrow. It’s expected the league will announce a Feb 4th season start. Training camps are expected to open Jan 25th. Eight team playoff also expected to be unveiled.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) October 27, 2020
- The Detroit Red Wings and forward Tyler Bertuzzi avoided arbitration on Tuesday, putting pen to paper on a one-year, $3.5-million contract. [Winging It In Motown]
- Down Goes Brown goes pick-by-pick, selecting the best player to come from the top 31 picks of all-time. Spoiler: There’s a current Wild player on the list. [The Athletic]
- It’s time to kill the draft lottery and introduce a better system. [Die By The Blade]
- Ilya Kovalchuk is bound for the Hall of Fame and is also currently a free agent. Could anyone use him? [The Athletic]