- We’re right in the thick of our Top 25 Under 25 ranking and most recently, winger Dmitri Sokolov earned the No. 19 spot. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Down Goes Brown makes the best six-player lineup for each team from ex-players in his latest. Let’s just say the Wild’s could have been a lot worse. [The Athletic]
- In case you missed it, an NHL return for defenseman Dustin Byfuglien has been rumored and his home state of Minnesota is on the list. But would it be a good signing? [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- The passing of Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek is a tough one to swallow for those who have grown up with his broadcasting career and enjoyed his legendary status as the trivia show’s host. But his special connection to the sport of hockey is one that will be cherished. Here are some key links to recognize his impact on the sport: Dave Stubb’s NHL dot com column, a look into his appearance during the NHL Draft for the Ottawa Senators on Sportsnet, an outpouring of hearts from global hockey personalities on NHL dot com, and on CBC, a look into how sports and Trebek have been connected from the start.
- The Dallas Stars have re-signed RFA Roope Hintz, their final roster player that needed a new contract after appearing in the Stanley Cup Final. [Defending Big D]
- Toronto Maple Leafs star and fashion-forward man, Auston Matthews, has made a bet. He will shave off his infamous moustache if he raises $134,000 for Movember.
We’ve teamed up with @MapleLeafs legend Auston Matthews to raise funds and awareness to change the face of men's health. If @AM34 raises $134k by the end of #Movember he will shave off his infamous Mo. The fate of his Mo is in your hands.— Movember Canada (@MovemberCA) November 9, 2020
Donate now at https://t.co/HlD9rVrXtE pic.twitter.com/XKSIHWABUe