- The Minnesota Wild provided a key teaser for their upcoming “Reverse Retro” jersey. It looks awfully familiar and painful as well. [Hockey Wilderness]
- There will be plenty of “Oh yeah, Marcus Johansson plays in Minnesota now” next season, but we’re here to get ahead of it and tell you exactly what he can bring to the Wild. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- The NHL Network offseason rankings are usually bad enough, but the recent Top 20 Center fan ranking is something else.
If Kevin Hayes is a top-6 center in the entire league and Mika Zibanejad is better than Auston Matthews, I don’t even know what sport I’m watching anymore.
- Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook has been through a lot, but he still wants to keep on playing. [The Athletic]
- All 31 NHL teams have now teased their new “Reverse Retro” threads and they range from gross to a dent in my wallet. Based on the close-ups of shoulders and some other key features, this is an estimation on what some will look like.
The last batch of the #ReverseRetro jersey teasers arrived from @adidashockey and the #NHL today.— icethetics (@icethetics) November 15, 2020
With help from @Steinosaur19 and @orionataylor, here are our predictions for the Atlantic Division—and the stories behind them!
READ: https://t.co/awtgTv5dWp pic.twitter.com/NcGL15JDth
Another day, another set of #ReverseRetro jersey previews from @adidashockey and the #NHL—this time for the Central Division.— icethetics (@icethetics) November 14, 2020
Check out our predictions (with @orionataylor & @Steinosaur19) along with the stories behind each one!https://t.co/JNyWagJgy9 pic.twitter.com/ZtzFwUvAVd
- With the hiring of Kim Ng as Miami Marlins general manager, the question of who will become the first female GM in the NHL is getting asked. Noelle Needham, the AGM of the USHL’s Chicago Steel and former Toronto Maple Leafs scout has an answer. [NHL dot com]
- The Carolina Hurricanes have some interesting decisions to make in the near future, one of those being top defenseman Dougie Hamilton’s contract running out after next season. [ProHockeyTalk]