- First-round pick Marco Rossi played the first game of his season for Zurich club in the Swizerland National League, ZSC Lions. He only registered one assist, but was still able to demonstrate his strengths. [Hockey Wilderness]
- One of the Minnesota Wild’s top forward prospects has nowhere to put his talents on display in Russia. Alexander Khovanov, 20, has lost touch with his club Ak Bars Kazan, barely playing in the KHL and instead is lost in their minor-league affiliate. A trade might happen soon, to benefit both parties. Michael Russo has the complete story. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Mitchell Miller, the former Arizona Coyotes prospect who horrifically abused a classmate in racist attacks while attending high school, is reportedly garnering interest in the KHL. [Championat]
- The Edmonton Oilers keep on adding bargain pieces, closing in on signing forward Dominik Kahun to a one-year deal. [Copper and Blue]
- The Athletic’s Lisa Dillman talks to Ray Ferraro about everything from being between the benches during a broadcast, to playing in the Little League World Series. [The Athletic]
- Bodychecking might not be allowed in the upcoming OHL season. [ProHockeyTalk]