- Former Minnesota Wild draft pick and general good guy, forward Kurtis Gabriel, signed a one-year, two-way deal with the San Jose Sharks. A definitive feel good story.
Thanks so much to Doug Wilson, Doug Wilson Jr. and the coaches for this opportunity. Pre-draft interview in 2013 always had a special place in me and my Mums heart. Look forward to speaking with and meeting everyone in the organization when we get started! #mumisterrifedofsharks https://t.co/kj4QTul605— Kurtis Gabriel (@kurtisgabriel) November 2, 2020
- Not a whole lot of other Wild news. We’re truly heading into the middle of the NHL offseason.
Off the trail...
- The Dallas Stars announced on Tuesday that goaltender Ben Bishop and forward Tyler Seguin are going to be out long-term, up to five months. Which means missing two months if the NHL is starting on its targeted Jan. 1 date. [NHL]
- The Detroit Red Wings have locked-up one of their core forward pieces in Anthony Mantha. The 26-year-old has signed a four-year deal with an AAV of $5.7-million. [Winging It In Motown]
- The Athletic’s Dom Luszczyszyn uses all of his numbers and declares the 10 best contracts in the NHL right now. [The Athletic]
- What fun and wacky ways could the NHL start the season? [ProHockeyTalk]