- The Allen Americans have been the Minnesota Wild’s ECHL affiliate since the 2018-19 season and that relationship will continue through the 2020-21 season.
- Aside from minor-league partnership extensions, we’re truly stuck in the worst part of the offseason, nowhere near the start of next season and too far to reflect on last season. Well, there’s always something else to watch I guess.
Off the trail...
- The Columbus Blue Jackets already suck the offense out of every game, but one of their main parts of their own offense, Gustav Nyquist, is out for 5-6 months after offseason surgery. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Ever wonder where some of the game’s biggest stars turn to for their skill coaching? Well it’s Darryl Belfry and he wrote a book. Here’s an excerpt. [The Athletic]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins’ front office has had a shifting of some roles and promotions. [Pensburgh]
- Ryan Pulock and the New York Islanders have agreed on a two-year, $10-million deal. But this leaves them with not a lot of cap space to sign star forward and RFA, Mat Barzal to his second contract. What will happen now? [ProHockeyTalk]
- The New York Rangers are in tough with one of their RFAs, and salary requests from both the player and team have been officially filed. [Blueshirt Banter]