- In case you missed it, Michael Russo was able to answer and bring up some questions in his latest notes blog. Byfuglien, Dumba, ECHL, and more. [The Athletic]
- The Wild’s 2020 second-round pick, Marat Khusnutdinov, played a major role in securing Team Russia winning the Karjala Cup on Sunday. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Does bringing Dustin Byfuglien in make any sense? [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild are inching closer to releasing their “retro jersey” in the coming weeks. Rumors are that it will have a specific North Stars theme. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Despite the NBA rumored to be starting on Dec. 22, the NHL has made it clear that Jan. 1 still remains their target date.
In lieu of the NBA news, the latest on NHL: Bill Daly says Jan. 1 puck drop ``remains our objective.'' But the joint NHL-NHLPA RTP committee has yet to meet (nothing yet scheduled). Though a source says top leaders of NHLPA/NHL have been in daily contact over the 2020-21 season.— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) November 6, 2020
- If you ever wondered how teams stacked up against each other at structuring their cap, well here you go. [The Athletic]
- Longtime Toronto Maple Leafs player and four-time Stanley Cup champion Howie Meeker passed away at the age of 97 on Sunday. [NHL]
- In a recent NHL dot com story, Washington Capitals star Alex Ovechkin stated that he will only play for two teams: the Capitals and Dynamo Moscow of the KHL. So since he’s slated to become an unrestricted free agent after next season, what will his next contract look like? [ProHockeyTalk]
- The Florida Panthers have re-signed RFA defenseman Mackenzie Weegar to a three-year deal. [Litter Box Cats]