Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Some of the greatest sweaters in NHL history aren’t even in use anymore. We take a look back at the classics. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Who should be the Wild’s MVP for 2019-20? You’d be an absolute psycho not to give the honor to Kevin Fiala. [Zone Coverage]
- Jordan Greenway doesn’t wear socks in his skates, which is totally nuts. As you would imagine, his equipment smells like hot garbage.
Who has the smelliest equipment in the League?— NHL (@NHL) April 28, 2020
The players dish on their teammates. ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/xby2HCOOK8
Off the trail...
- Joe Thornton shaved his iconic beard, and I’m not sure I’ll be able to handle this very well. [Fear The Fin]
- Former NHLer Georges Laraque is in the midst of a battle with COVID-19. If one of the toughest guys in NHL history can get the nasty symptoms, so can you. Stay inside. [ESPN]
- Long Island University is getting a men’s ice hockey program, so that’s kind of cool. [The Hockey News]