Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Joel Eriksson Ek’s turned out to be a decent player for the Wild, but as a former first-round pick, it would be nice to see him up his game a little more. Perhaps a larger role will allow him to do so? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Luke Kunin has type 1 diabetes, and if the NHL season resumes, how will he impacted by the precautions necessary to keep COVID-19 at bay? [Pioneer Press]
Off the trail...
- Auston Matthews has also tested positive for COVID-19 while staying at his home in Scottsdale, Arizona. [Toronto Sun]
- With more and more athletes testing positive for the virus, some players are starting to get annoyed that the NHL is even trying to continue the season at all. [The Athletic]
- Despite some doubts about the NHL’s ability to continue the season, we now seem to have a solid start date for the qualifying tournament. Mark July 30 on your calendars, folks. [New York Post]