Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Greg Pateryn’s 2019-20 season was not ideal. Not because of his play on the ice, but because of how rarely he was on the ice at all. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Gary Bettman’s the absolute worst, right? Apparently not! NHL fans seem to think he’s the best commissioner of the four major sports leagues in North America. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Does Kaapo Kahkonen have a chance to start for the Wild during their play-in series? It’s certainly a possibility. That and more from Michael Russo’s KFAN interview with Bill Guerin. [The Athletic]
- Which local Minnesota restaurant do players recommend the most? None other than Spoon and Stable. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- It sure sounds like hockey is on the verge of coming back very soon. Uncle Bob has some details in the thread below.
NHL and NHLPA have finalized tentative agreement on RTP Phase 3/4 protocols but are continuing to work on finalizing the details of the CBA MOU.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) July 5, 2020