Let’s go over some news and notes:
- With the 2019-20 season in the rearview, here are five Wild players who may have played their last game in Minnesota. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Not surprising news, but the Penguins have officially decided to hold onto their first-round pick in this year’s draft, meaning the Wild will get their first-round pick in 2021. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Who should the Wild select with the No. 9 overall pick? According to Corey Pronman, Yaroslav Askarov. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Hurricanes head coach Rod Brind’Amour was fined $25,000 for criticizing the officiating in Game 1 of their series against the Bruins. [Canes Country]
- If you thought the Penguins were going to fire Mike Sullivan after their poor series against the Canadiens, you thought wrong. [PensBurgh]
- That doesn’t mean the rest of the coaching staff is safe, though. The Pens fired three assistant coaches yesterday. [PensBurgh]
- Carey Price made one of the craziest saves of the year against the Flyers last night.
* looks up larceny in the dictionary *— NHL (@NHL) August 13, 2020
Cc: Carey Price (@CP0031) #StanleyCup
: https://t.co/sNqP8VxNC8 @NHLonNBCSports
: https://t.co/EPolrnghBd @Sportsnet pic.twitter.com/F4uRC6BDKV
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more news and notes on the Wild.