Let’s go over some news and notes:
- What a night! The Wild take the early series lead with a 3-0 shutout of the Canucks. Heck of a start. [Hockey Wilderness]
- It’s funny that the Wild won Game 1 so easily, especially considering that very few people were confident in Minnesota going into this series. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Matt Dumba has been outspoken about the racial injustices in North America, and he’s not being silenced. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Blackhawks forward Drake Caggiula has been suspended for his hit on former Wild player Tyler Ennis. [Second City Hockey]
- Bad news for the Jets — Mark Scheifele suffered an ugly injury in Game 1 against the Flames, and Patrik Laine may be out for Game 2 as well. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- If you ask Jets coach Paul Maurice, the injury to Scheifele was completely Matthew Tkachuk’s fault. [ESPN]
- Nazem Kadri scored a game-winning goal with literally a fraction of a second left in regulation. What a finish.
my goddddddd pic.twitter.com/YauAHMZcgA— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) August 3, 2020
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more news and notes on the Wild.