Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Wild forward Luke Kunin was fined $1,000 for his involvement in the Micheal Ferland incident in Game 1. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Jared Spurgeon was pretty fantastic in Game 1. Maybe now people will start showing him the respect he deserves. [Zone Coverage]
- You know who else was impressive in Game 1? Ryan Hartman. Just ask Christopher Tanev. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Among the 7,013 tests administered, zero players tested positive for COVID-19 since the NHL entered the bubbles. It’s working, folks! [NHL]
- The Hurricanes are just one game away from eliminating the Rangers after their 4-1 victory on Monday. [Canes Country]
- The perks of watching hockey in an empty arena? You get to hear some unbelievable banter on the ice. [The Athletic]
- Stars and Golden Knights players kneeled for the national anthem before their round-robin opener. Awesome moment.
We are united.#WeSkateFor Equality pic.twitter.com/7gtGgxWPsm— x-Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) August 3, 2020
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more news and notes on the Wild.