Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Wild looked absolutely horrible against the Canucks in Game 3, and now they’re one game away from elimination. [Hockey Wilderness]
- What will help the Wild as they try to even up the series in Game 4? Kevin Fiala says they just need to stop taking the “stupid” penalties. [Pioneer Press]
- If this doesn’t make you smile, you have no soul.
Lots of love in this special message from the Dubnyk family. #mnwild | #LetsPlayHockey pic.twitter.com/BDWnDKoTfO— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild) August 7, 2020
Off the trail...
- Hold onto your hat’s folks. Phase 2 of the draft lottery is scheduled for Monday at 5 p.m. CT. And if the Wild lose to Vancouver, that could be a big night for them. [NHL]
- With this year’s postseason being such a massive success thus far, should the NHL consider expanding the playoffs permanently? [ESPN]
- You’ve probably noticed the fake crowd noise during game broadcasts. But how does it work? [The Athletic]
- The Jets are headed home after their loss to the Flames. [Matchsticks & Gasoline]
- The Maple Leafs are one loss away from elimination thanks to Pierre-Luc Dubois’s overtime winner last night.
Pierre-Luc Dubois (@18Dubois). Pure clutch. #StanleyCup Qualifiers pic.twitter.com/9pYR9GqAwb— NHL (@NHL) August 7, 2020
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more news and notes on the Wild.