Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Jonas Brodin isn’t going anywhere! The Wild signed him to a seven-year contract extension yesterday. [Hockey Wilderness]
- What does the Brodin extension mean for the Wild’s offseason? Get your popcorn ready. That’s what it means. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- We’re getting a Game 6! Thanks to a gutsy win over the Lightning last night, the Islanders aren’t headed home just yet. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- The Capitals have officially named Peter Laviolette the 19th head coach in franchise history. [Japers’ Rink]
- Speaking of the Caps, it’s expected that goalie Braden Holtby will test the free agency waters this offseason. Perhaps something Wild fans should keep an eye on? [ESPN]
- The Coyotes signed up-and-coming goaltender Adin Hill to a one-year contract. [Five For Howling]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more news and notes on the Wild.