- Prior to Thursday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche, the Minnesota Wild cut a good portion of players, slimming their roster down to just 34 remaining. There are still some key names left that will be battling until the end and a few jobs available.
- Here’s Michael Russo going over the training camp battles and some roster hopefuls. [The Athletic]
- The Wild have one of the lowest-ranked broadcast teams in the league, according to this. [The Athletic]
- Of course it would be Marco Rossi making the top-3 in our 2021 Top 25 Under 25. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Newcomer Frederick Gaudreau has experience playing with and for a couple current members of the Wild. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- The Detroit Red Wings will be without one of their key offensive options in Jakub Vrana for at least four months. [Winging It In Motown]
- The NHL and its Canadian teams recognized the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation, honoring Indigenous victims of the residential school system that was a genocidal tool. [NHL dot com]
- Derick Brassard wasn’t supposed to be this high in the lineup, but the Philadelphia Flyers are sure glad they signed him. [Broad Street Hockey]