- The entire Minnesota Wild roster are in Duluth doing a team-bonding trip and they’ve already completed their Players vs. Staff golf tournament.
- Some players that aren’t at Duluth — because they got sent down to AHL Iowa earlier — still were able to get some shout outs from GM Bill Guerin last week, talking about their development and where they are at now. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild started out their preseason finale well, but dropped the last two completely and suffered an upsetting loss to the Chicago Blackhawks. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Nico Sturm is hoping to build upon his professional seasons and impress enough to earn his spot on Team Germany for the 2022 Winter Olympics in a few months. [StarTribune]
- A little Central Division preview for you. [The Athletic]
- Our starter Cam Talbot falls in the middle tier of NHL starters and that feels kind of right. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Okay, so who the hell is going to be on the Buffalo Sabres? And who are they? [Defector]
- A lapsed fan’s guide to the 2021-22 NHL season. (That’s probably not for you since you’re reading this blog). [ESPN]
- Harry Styles golfed with Carolina Hurricanes forwards Martin Necas and Sebastian Aho. I’m being serious.