- One of the Minnesota Wild’s top center prospects, Alex Khovanov is finally making his return to North America and has been assigned to the ECHL’s Iowa Heartlanders to start his season.
#mnwild prospect Alex Khovanov has been assigned to ECHL Iowa City and is expected to debut this weekend for his North American pro debut. Wild still figuring out Ivan Lodnia, who didn’t report to ECHL and is suspended. Chance he’s loaned to a team in Europe— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) October 28, 2021
- Mats Zuccarello and Rem Pitlick went on the NHL’s COVID protocol list yesterday and the Wild had to recall Connor Dewar and Kyle Rau to replace them against the Seattle Kraken. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Carson Soucy, now in Seattle, spills the beans on his process moving to the newest franchise and playing for the expansion club. [The Athletic]
- Does the Wild’s 4-0 start mean anything? [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- There will be more John Does. [Defector]
- Chicago Blackhawks stars Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews defend Stan Bowman and the team. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Kyle Beach identifies himself as “John Doe” from internal investigation. [SCH]