- The Minnesota Wild have missed the two-way defenseman Alex Goligoski a little bit, but there’s good news on the horizon. The veteran blueliner is back practicing with the full team and is hopeful to come back if not tonight against the Ottawa Senators, then the Wild’s next game on Saturday.
Evason isn’t sure yet if Goligoski will be able to play tomorrow. Depends how his injury responds to practice. With no games til Saturday after tomorrow, wouldn’t be surprising to me if they err on side of caution.— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) November 1, 2021
- ICYMI, here’s what we learned and can take away from the loss to the Colorado Avalanche. [Hockey Wilderness]
- During the game, Brandon Duhaime shoved defenseman Bowen Byram dangerously into the boards; Nathan MacKinnon retaliated, and thinks that the Wild youngster should be suspended. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Does the Wild’s power play need just something else? [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- Freddy Andersen is having a comeback season for the Carolina Hurricanes; and it makes them a massive threat in the East. [NBC Sports]
- Gary Bettman defended the NHL’s actions surrounding the Chicago Blackhawks sexual assault cover-up in probably the worst press conference we have seen in a long time. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Kyle Beach deserved and deserves so much better. [Die By The Blade]