- Former Minnesota Wild star Marian Gaborik hasn’t seen the ice in a couple seasons, but he officially hung up the skates last week. We take a look back at his major moments. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Call ‘em the comeback kids... the Wild came from behind against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the shootout... [Hockey Wilderness]
- ... and then did it again on Sunday against the New York Islanders. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Matthew Smith had some takeaways from the win against the Penguins. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Mats Zuccarello and Rem Pitlick finally made their return from COVID on Sunday against the Isles. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Jeremy Colliton got the axe as the head coach of the then 1-9-2 Chicago Blackhawks. Derek King was named the interim head coach, and Chicago won their first game with their new bench boss, beating the Nashville Predators 2-1 on Sunday night.
Jeremy Colliton was fired as coach of the Blackhawks on Saturday.— NHL.com (@NHLdotcom) November 6, 2021
Derek King was named his replacement. He had been the coach with Rockford of the American Hockey League.https://t.co/69O1NGEjSI
- The Carolina Hurricanes finally lost their first game of the season, ending their nine-game winning streak at the hands of the Florida Panthers, who took over the top spot in the Eastern conference. [Canes Country]
- What’s next for Jack Eichel and the Vegas Golden Knights? [Knights On Ice]
- What’s next for Alex Tuch and the Buffalo Sabres? [Die By The Blade]