- Things are going well for the Minnesota Wild, but not so hot for the Iowa Wild. Make it two consecutive weekends where a potential organizational cornerstone prospect leaves the game early due to injury; first it was Marco Rossi, and just on Sunday, Matt Boldy appears to have injured his ankle.
- The game against the Toronto Maple Leafs was a statement win, but a crazy one that we should go over yet again. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild’s coaching staff (including head coach Dean Evason) is in their final year of their contracts and they have turned this hob-gob group of players into some true divisional contenders. They probably deserve to get an extension and a pay raise. [The Athletic]
- While captain Jared Spurgeon is out, Matt Dumba has really been stepped up to the plate and contributing. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- Darnell Nurse is back for the Edmonton Oilers, who the Wild play on Tuesday.