- As the days count down until their return to the ice, the number of Minnesota Wild players on the NHL’s COVID protocol list is slowly shrinking, with now eight players remaining as of Sunday afternoon.
No changes for #mnwild on the NHL COVID list.— Sarah McLellan (@sarah__mclellan) February 14, 2021
Nick Bonino, Jonas Brodin, Ian Cole, Brad Hunt, Victor Rask, Carson Soucy, Nico Sturm and Cam Talbot remain unavailable.
- With those players still out, the Wild have been practicing with makeshift lines and some might make their debut on Tuesday against the Los Angeles Kings. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Elsewhere in the Wild organization, Matt Boldy is still a hot prospect after his stellar performance on the World Junior stage. Currently lighting up Hockey Easy for Boston College, there’s a potential for a closer look in the near future. [Hockey Wilderness]
- There’s a case to be made for Mikko Koivu’s name to be enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame. [10k Rinks]
- Marcus Foligno was the first Wild player to go on the COVID protocol list and confirmed that he did test positive while experiencing some symptoms. He opens up about it in this by Michael Russo: [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Vancouver Canucks owner goes to Twitter to instill confidence in his front office. [NBC Sports]
- The Carolina Hurricanes and Ottawa Senators decided on a trade over the weekend; sending Ryan Dzingel back to Ottawa for Alex Galchenyuk and Cedric Pacquette. [Silver Seven Sens]
- The NHL is considering changing the draft lottery rules. [The Athletic]