- Less than 24 hours away from the start of the Minnesota Wild’s first game in two weeks, more players have been taken off the NHL’s COVID protocol list. Nick Bonino, Nico Sturm, and Ian Cole have made their way back to practice, while six other players remain on the list.
Correcting this: #mnwild's Nick Bonino, Nico Sturm AND IAN COLE off today's NHL's COVID-19 protocol list.— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) February 15, 2021
Brodin, Hunt, Rask, Soucy, Talbot, Rau remain
- A look back on Mikko Koivu’s shootout move and how it was impossible for goalies to truly figure out. [10K Rinks]
- Calen Addison will be making his NHL debut tonight against the Los Angeles Kings, what does that spell for the future of this blue line? [StarTribune]
Off the trail...
- The return for Pierre-Luc Dubois is looking pretty nice for the Columbus Blue Jackets. Both Patrik Laine and Jack Rosolvic are turning up the offensive power the Central Division team has. [NBC Sports]
- Are the Pittsburgh Penguins getting better? Should we take these encouraging signs to heart? [Pensburgh]
- The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired Alex Galchenyuk from the Carolina Hurricanes for a couple of AHL depth players. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Speaking of the Leafs, they were up 5-1 against the Ottawa Senators — and then lost in overtime. lol. [Pension Plan Puppets]