- It’s been a long time, but the Minnesota Wild will be heading to Duluth for some relaxation and practice before the season gets going. After the final preseason game against the Chicago Blackhawks, they will be heading to their quasi vacation home before heading down to southern California to face the Anaheim Ducks in their season opener.
For the first time in several years, #mnwild will return to Duluth at the end of training camp for a few days of team bonding and practice.— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) September 14, 2021
They'll fly there after the road Chicago exhibition game and return home before heading to Anaheim for the season opener Oct. 15. I'm told
- One player that is hopefully in Duluth is Kirill Kaprizov, but his contract talks have quieted down to a murmur and it’s not looking good. [Hockey Wilderness]
- ICYMI, Minnesota Wild captain Jared Spurgeon spills his guts about the new make-up of the roster and if he thinks he is going to gel with Alex Goligoski and the rest of the new blue line. [NHL dot com]
- A very hyped-up prospect, Marat Khusnutdinov rises to the No. 9 spot of our 2021 Top 25 Under 25 ranking and honestly, he would be higher if we did the voting just a couple weeks into his KHL season. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Mike Sullivan talks about the challenge that he can potentially face while coaching Team USA at next year’s Winter Olympics. [The Athletic]