- The Minnesota Wild have played just one preseason game but head coach Dean Evason already has his eyes on the line of Will Bitten, Damien Giroux, and Adam Beckman as a trio that has impressed him.
- It helps that Beckman scored the only two goals against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday. [Hockey Wilderness]
- One early focus for the Wild has been improving the power play and Evason specified one significant movement in position for the top unit. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Matt Dumba had a lot to say about his partnership with Jonas Brodin and that being the only stable pairing since last season. [Hockey Wilderness]
- And speaking of Dumba, him and Marcus Foligno have been named the team’s new alternate captains this season, replacing Ryan Suter and Zach Parise. [Hockey Wilderness]
- A little peak behind the curtains on the leadership group announcement. [The Athletic]
- Kirill Kaprizov is back! And signed to a five-year contract! During his post-signing press conference, he shared details on how he celebrated winning the Calder Trophy, and it was casual. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Philadelphia Flyers center Kevin Hayes hasn’t spoken with the media since his brother Jimmy’s death in August, and when he did, he wanted people to know how thankful he was for their support. [The Athletic]
- Nothing good can last, especially for the Buffalo Sabres. [Defector]
- The NHL says it’s going to have tighter rules and rejuvenate the officiating surrounding cross-checks. [NBC Sports]