- The Minnesota Wild hosted a couple media members at Target Field ahead of the 2022 Winter Classic and unveiled some of the beautiful scenery the team will get to play around in January.
#mnwild owner Craig Leipold, president Matt Majka, GM Bill Guerin and alternate captains Matt Dumba and Marcus Foligno are at Target Field this afternoon for today’s Winter Classic press conference. pic.twitter.com/HdBSukSdUk— Sarah McLellan (@sarah__mclellan) September 27, 2021
- Up next on our 2021 Top 25 Under 25 ranking is the young phenom Matt Boldy as he takes the No. 4 spot. There are only three (obvious) names remaining, so it’s now just positioning. [Hockey Wilderness]
- We’re starting to look around the Central Division before the season gets going and first up are the stinky Arizona Coyotes. (They’re bad!) [Hockey Wilderness]
- ICYMI, one early focus for the Wild has been improving the power play and Evason specified one significant movement in position for the top unit. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Matt Dumba had a lot to say about his partnership with Jonas Brodin and that being the only stable pairing since last season. [Hockey Wilderness]
- And speaking of Dumba, him and Marcus Foligno have been named the team’s new alternate captains this season, replacing Ryan Suter and Zach Parise. [Hockey Wilderness]
- A little peak behind the curtains on the leadership group announcement. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon says the Kotkaniemi offer sheet wasn’t revenge. Okay, yeah sure Tom. [The Athletic]
- A quick little trip around the NHL and looking at potential storylines heading into the season. [NBC Sports]
- New Jersey Devils prospect Nikita Popugayev has retired from hockey, opting to pursue a career as an Instagram influencer and content creator. What a life.