- Sure, the big names like Marco Rossi, Matt Boldy, and Calen Addison will steal the show and headlines trying to get younger players on the Minnesota Wild roster, but there are two names that are going to make a strong case and are also young. [The Athletic]
- The Wild are starting to near the 2022 Winter Classic against the St. Louis Blues and are beginning to publicize some plans. [StarTribune]
- Meanwhile at camp, the Wild have been rotating their youngsters in with the NHL roster, periodically giving strong looks to the top prospects.
#mnwild rotating different roster hopefuls into each practice to get looks.— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) September 28, 2021
Brandon Duhaime and Kyle Rau got the first four days, Matt Boldy, Calen Addison and Adam Beckman yesterday, today Connor Dewar, Joe Hicketts and Marco Rossi.
Off the trail...
- San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane is back in the headlines after allegations of sexual assault, domestic battery, and potentially breaking league COVID protocols. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Are the Blues even good enough to be considered contenders for the Stanley Cup, just three years away from their championship season? [NBC Sports]