- Before the Minnesota Wild eventually lost to the St. Louis Blues, the team held practice on the outdoor rink and Kirill Kaprizov decided to try something that he has no doubt thought about for a while: Scoring a Michigan goal.
- Some special prospects might be joining the Wild soon. Head coach Dean Evason hinted on Monday that the team might be calling up Matt Boldy and Marco Rossi at the same damn time, to make their NHL debuts Thursday against the Boston Bruins. [Hockey Wilderness]
- And speaking of players that have actually been called up, goaltender Andrew Hammond joined the taxi squad while starter Cam Talbot appears to be out for a little while. And, Jordan Greenway is in COVID protocol. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Mats Zuccarello was embarrassed by the team’s performance during the Winter Classic. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild have been fairly successful as of late — except against one team: The Blues. [10K Rinks]