- According to The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler, Minnesota Wild prospect and Boston College center Jack McBain is on Team Canada’s longlist for consideration to make their Olympic roster for the 2022 Winter Games happening next month.
Sources: The following players are on Team Canada’s long list for consideration for the Olympics (1/2):— Scott Wheeler (@scottcwheeler) January 5, 2022
- Speaking of McBain, he has had a tremendous week and that was enough to earn our headlining spot in the prospect report. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In bigger news: Marco Rossi and Matt Boldy were officially recalled to the NHL and are making their debuts Thursday against the Boston Bruins. Wow! [Hockey Wilderness]
- And Dean Evason didn’t waste any time, and created a lineup that we can all agree kicks ass. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In a following move, the Wild also placed center Victor Rask on waivers, while also signing a goaltender to serve as some depth. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The NHL needs more outdoor games in Minnesota. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- What do the New York Islanders need to do to make this season worth it? [Lighthouse Hockey]
- What’s happening to Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Rodion Amirov? [PPP]
- Oops, some of the biggest stars in the NHL might have their own COVID situation. [NBC Sports]