The Minnesota Wild had a microphone hooked up to Marc-Andre Fleury for the perfect game, as the potential collision with St. Louis Blues netminder Jordan Binnington was caught on tape.
Enjoy x #mnwild pic.twitter.com/U2X2h4ouYK— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild) March 16, 2023
We understand that it can be for legal reasons and all that nasty stuff, but wouldn’t it just be so good if we caught these moments more? Fleury comes out smelling of roses after interacting with the cowardly Binnington and the Wild goaltender really wanted to fight.
- We have more news about us joining Zone Coverage! We have a quick little list of the type of content that will continue under their umbrella, as well as some minor changes. [Hockey Wilderness]
- We went around the Hockey Wilderness room and asked our writers one simple question: What team would you like the Wild to face in the first round of the playoffs? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Jake Middleton has become a wise investment for the Wild. [10K Rinks]
- Binnington has been suspended for two games after his careless choice to punch Ryan Hartman in the face while celebrating a goal. [TSN]
Off the trail...
- ...The Montreal Canadiens and Florida Panthers combined for TEN goals in the first period of their game last night. [Yahoo Sports]
- The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League is planning to start a rule that would ban fighting from its games next season. [The Hockey News]
- Three sentences for every NHL team heading to the playoffs. [Sportsnet]