- The youngest member of our Top 25 Under 25 list is 18-year-old Marat Khusnutdinov, who we clearly have high hopes for at No. 14. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In case you live under a rock, the Minnesota Wild released new “Reverse Retro” jerseys this week, along with the 30 other NHL franchises. Do you like them? Do you hate them? Have your say. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- As reported and summarized by Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, the NHL and NHLPA are renegotiating the percentage of gross salaries that teams will have to pay their players. Initially the two sides agreed on 72 percent, no matter what the 2020-21 season looks like, but with fans still not looking like a possibility, teams are wanting to lower that percentage. [Sportsnet]
- In long overdue news, the Florida Panthers have hired the NHL’s first Black assistant general manager, Brett Peterson. The former player agent, whose past clients include Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask, spent four years playing at Boston College. [NHL dot com]
- The Colorado Avalanche have some of the most team-friendly contracts in the league, but their captain, Gabriel Landeskog, is slated to become a UFA after this upcoming season and will no doubt get a substantial bump in pay. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Is Brandon Saad going to stay in Colorado for much longer? [Mile High Hockey]
- New Washington Capital goaltender and forever-linked to the New York Rangers, Henrik Lundqvist recently opened up about his monumental change of teams and what he plans on doing after he hangs up the pads. [Blueshirt Banter]