- Fresh off his No. 9 ranking in our Top 25 Under 25, 19-year-old Adam Beckman sat down with The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler to give his story ahead of his time on Team Canada at the World Juniors. [The Athletic]
- At the eighth spot on our Top 25 Under 25 this year is the QMJHL’s top scorer not named Alexis Lafreniere, Alexander Khovanov. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- When Edmonton Oilers captain Connor McDavid is off the ice, he returns home to his house that Patrick Bateman would love. His interior designer girlfriend Lauren Kyle recently finished their house and it is certainly something.
connor mcdavid got a house with the most threatening aura known to man pic.twitter.com/TTq0BtuIK4— sarah (@claudgiroux) November 24, 2020
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have finally re-signed RFA defenseman Mikhail Sergachev to a three-year deal with a $4.8-million AAV. Not bad for either parties. [Raw Charge]
- Long-time NHL defenseman Johnny Boychuk has hung up the skates after 725 games played between the New York Islanders, Boston Bruins and briefly the Colorado Avalanche. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- One year removed from his series of tweets that started a slow-burning movement across hockey, Akim Aliu says that the NHL can certainly do more when it comes to diversity and inclusion. [TSN]
- Leighton Accardo, a 9-year-old that served as an honorary Arizona Coyotes teammate last season, passed away this week. She was fighting germ cell cancer and as the news of her passing spread, the tributes rolled in.
Leighton - you were the best teammate, motivator and inspiration. We will always “skate hard and have fun” in your honor. I know we’ll skate together again some day. My heart is with the entire Accardo family during this incredibly difficult time. Forever our #49. pic.twitter.com/bAnewZGPc6— Oliver Ekman-Larsson (@OEL23) November 25, 2020