- We’re closing in on the top slots on our Top 25 Under 25, but the most recent No. 7 ranking was for goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen. A shining light for the future of the Minnesota Wild’s crease. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In case you missed it, The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler sat down with Wild prospect Adam Beckman while at Team Canada’s World Juniors camp. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Ahead of the Jan. 1 start date that the NHL so hopes for, they have to still agree on multiple terms with the players and the NHLPA. Player salaries, division realignment, and just how this whole thing is going to pan out. The players are pissed that the owners and teams are trying to take more of their salaries away, so let’s just see if there’s even a season to begin with.
The two leaders had had nearly daily dialogue most of the off-season, so this communication stalemate is noteworthy for that reason. But again, I think they will see a way through this eventually.— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) November 25, 2020
- The Buffalo Sabres were one of the most active teams this offseason and acquiring an actual top-level winger by signing Taylor Hall, has apparently made captain Jack Eichel happy with the team’s moves. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Is Calgary Flames winger Matthew Tkachuk the last great pest in the NHL? [The Athletic]
- Toronto Maple Leafs rookie Nick Robertson is battling for a role on next season’s team, which means not being in the U.S. for his family’s Thanksgiving. [Sportsnet]