- Minnesota Wild head coach Dean Evason talks everything from Kaprizov to the upcoming captaincy. [The Athletic]
- Russo is on a roll this weekend. Here he addresses the biggest concerns the Wild have for the 2020-21 season.[The Athletic]
- In case you missed it, last week the Wild signed goaltender Andrew Hammond to a one-year, two-way contract. Now with the minimum of three goalies — with the two on the 23-man roster and one in the taxi squad — the signing looks like a pretty shrewd move from GM Bill Guerin. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- The NHL is back baby! On Sunday afternoon, the league and players’ union came to an agreement for a 56-game regular season that will start on Jan. 13. Read for more info on everything from taxi squads to the new divisions. [Hockey Wilderness]
- With all the West Coast Late Games, we’re going to be mighty tired all season long.
us at 1am writing about a 2-1 ot win over the kings in the middle of april pic.twitter.com/mOi3uA8ymw— Hockey Wilderness (@hockeywildernes) December 20, 2020
- The Athletic staff came together to discuss the biggest questions facing each of the 31 teams this upcoming season. [The Athletic]
- With the new divisions laid out, we can get some weird and wacky and wild Stanley Cup Final matchups. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Due to local restrictions, the San Jose Sharks will be holding their training camp in Arizona in the new year.
#SJSharks GM Doug Wilson says training camp will be in Arizona— Curtis Pashelka (@CurtisPashelka) December 20, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets head coach Paul Maurice says the new all-Canadian North division will be ‘awesome’, he also later added how out of this world it will be. [NHL dot com]
- One of the key remaining unrestricted free agents left out there found a home this weekend, as forward Anthony Duclair signed a one-year deal with the Florida Panthers. [Litter Box Cats]