- Ryan Suter has been nominated for the EA Sports Team of the Year award and we are really hoping he will get it. It will mean the world to us. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In case you missed it, The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler wrote a fantastic piece on Matt Boldy and his experience as a cut from last year’s USA World Juniors squad, to being one of their better players now. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- New York Rangers legend and Washington Capitals free agent signing Henrik Lundqvist will require open heart surgery to replace an aortic valve. Earlier, the 38-year-old announced that he would miss the entire season. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Corey Perry is heading east. The annoying winger has signed a one-year, $750,000 deal with the Montreal Canadiens. Finally, we will enjoy a regular season without Perry acting all stupid against the Minnesota Wild. [Eyes on the Prize]
- How will an incredibly boring Columbus Blue Jackets team perform in their new division? [ProHockeyTalk]
- More free agent signings! The Los Angeles Kings have secured the services of Andreas Athanasiou on a one-year, $1.2-million deal.
I think this is going to come in around $1.2M— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) December 28, 2020
- After 11 years in the NHL, forward Mark Letestu has decided to hang up his skates. [The Athletic]