- Before you start clicking those links, from everyone here at Hockey Wilderness, we would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope your 2021 is slightly better than last year. Thanks for reading.
- We are so close now. The Minnesota Wild have released their roster for the training camp that opens on Jan. 3, as well as the schedule for their preparation before puck drop on Jan. 14. [Hockey Wilderness]
- One young player that will have constant conversation surrounding his place on the roster is Marco Rossi, and he is able to breakdown his game like a pro already. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In case you need any reminder after his last couple of performances at the World Juniors, Marat Khusnutdinov is so damn good. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- A couple of RFAs have been re-upped by their respective teams. First, defenseman Vince Dunn has signed a one-year deal that will surely hurt the St. Louis Blues in the long run after this eventual breakout season this year. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Just hours after Pierre Lebrun rumored that this player might want a change of scenery, Pierre-Luc Dubois signed a two-year deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets. The rumors won’t go away, but he will at least be under their control and there for training camp. [The Cannon]
- With Zdeno Chara’s departure, the Boston Bruins captaincy is no wide open, but there is apparently the obvious answer.
Don Sweeney: "We expect to have a captain (this year)."— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) December 31, 2020
"We'll make a decision moving forward. I think it's an obvious decision."