- The Minnesota Wild finished both of their SoCal series with a win over the Anaheim Ducks, and a fairly decisive one at that. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The NWHL bubble in Lake Placid is starting tomorrow, so let’s get pumped up and read about your new favorite team, the Minnesota Whitecaps. [Hockey Wilderness]
- For a young goaltender, sometimes all they need is a nice rub on the back and some assurance. Well, Kaapo Kahkonen didn’t look too hot in Wednesday night’s win, but he still got a nice hat. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Michael Russo takes you further in-depth with the Wild’s third win in their first four games. [The Athletic]
- Filip Johansson, the Wild’s 2018 first-rounder, is doing stuff over in Sweden. Finally. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- The Columbus Blue Jackets and Pierre-Luc Dubois are playing this awkward game with each other. Ever since the young center formally requested a trade out of Ohio, his presence on this team has been just so, eerie. Well, head coach John Tortorella thought so as well and benched their best player for the majority of the game. Let the speculation begin.
Here's an iso of Pierre-Luc Dubois' final shift for the Blue Jackets tonight. The center saw 3:55 of ice time for the night and did not take a shift after the first period.#CBJ— 1st Ohio Battery (@1stOhioBattery) January 22, 2021
More: https://t.co/dkWp3poyVI pic.twitter.com/BcGQgJwheP
- Marshawn Lynch went skating with Akim Aliu and it was highly entertaining. [Yahoo Sports]