- The NHL season is just getting started, but some of the junior leagues around the continent are still paused, waiting for any news about a start. With that, some key Minnesota Wild prospects are heading to Iowa to play in the WHL until their respective leagues begin.
#mnwild prospects Adam Beckman, Ryan O'Rourke and Daemon Hunt are in Iowa and will start the season with Iowa until their WHL/OHL seasons start.— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) January 24, 2021
Also, prospect Ivan Lodnia came back from the KHL with an injury
and it sounds like he's sidelined indefinitely
- Kirill Kaprizov is a one-man highlight reel that I cannot stop watching. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild were privy to almost another late comeback win, but were stomped out by the San Jose Sharks on Sunday. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The NWHL is upon us! Get to know your Minnesota Whitecaps. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Long-time Wild goaltender Devan Dubnyk returns to Minnesota as a Shark and remembers his time in the State of Hockey fondly. [The Athletic]
- The pairing of Ryan Suter and Matt Dumba can spark offense like there’s no tomorrow. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- Finally, Pierre-Luc Dubois has been traded to the Winnipeg Jets. In return, the Columbus Blue Jackets received Patrik Laine and Jack Rosolvic. No matter how you feel about the trade, both teams addressed a need. [The Athletic]
- With the way the CBA is set up, the NHL has severely limited young players in their ability to request movement or have any power to choose where they want to play. Dubois did the rare thing and used his one option to force a move. [Blueshirt Banter]
- The NWHL has already been so dramatic through the two days of the bubble and we cannot stop watching. [The Ice Garden]