- Head coach Dean Evason is going with a more laissez-faire approach to practices in between gamedays. Opting for the Minnesota Wild to not practice if there is only one day in between a pair of matches. [StarTribune]
- Michael Russo spoke with Iowa Wild head coach Tim Army about this weird AHL season and how to prepare for it. [The Athletic]
- The Wild have only played terrible teams, so we can’t really judge what this team is quite yet. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- The coaching staff of the Vegas Golden Knights are in quarantine, due to an “abundance of caution” coming from the team and their COVID-19 tracing. [Knights on Ice]
- Speaking of Vegas, their newest acquisition, Alex Pietrangelo, faced his old team the St. Louis Blues last night. Luckily, he was ready to move on. [ProHockeyTalk]
- According to Frank Seravalli, the Blues are shopping around defenseman Vince Dunn to see what the young blueliner can get for them. He’s recently lost some favor from head coach Craig Berube, so his exit seems inevitable. [TSN]
- New York Islanders bench boss Barry Trotz is big time mad at his team for not showing the right amount of effort in this early season. Yikes.
Trotz: "It's playoff mentality right now and I'm not sure we have our playoff mentality yet. And it's pissing me off."— Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) January 27, 2021
Said he didn't regret putting Komarov out for two shifts after the major penalty, including the one the Caps scored the winner on.