- The American Hockey League have released what the upcoming season will look like. For Iowa, this means a re-structured division with some familiar faces and other teams heading to their own all-Canadian division.
Schedules and playoff formats have yet to be cemented, but according to Frank Seravalli, each division will have different season lengths with a minimum of 24 games per team.
- We’re going through the new division and researching our new rivals. Here is the Arizona Coyotes, who the Minnesota Wild might be in tough competition with for a playoff spot. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Monday was the first day of Wild training camp and with that, we got our first look at some potential lines for next season. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Russo was there at camp and gives us his detailed observations from the first day. [The Athletic]
- After their first day as teammates during training camp, Matt Dumba and Kirill Kaprizov decided to enjoy the Canada-Russia World Juniors semifinal together, and let’s just say one person enjoyed it more than the other.
Off the trail...
- Both Columbus Blue Jackets forward Pierre-Luc Dubois and Winnipeg Jets sniper Patrik Laine have requested a trade from their current teams recently, but what exactly goes through the minds of NHL executives during this kind of situation? [The Athletic]
- Due to some visa issues, Dallas Stars goaltender Anton Khudobin was late to the start of camp [ProHockeyTalk]