- Domestic terrorists stormed the Capitol Building yesterday and the world is Hell, but here are some links to read about our favorite hockey team.
- The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler was impressed by some of the Wild prospects after it was all said and done. [The Athletic]
- Speaking of World Juniors, we took our own look at the five forwards that represented the Minnesota Wild and how they performed through the tournament. [Hockey Wilderness]
- We’re continuing our look through the new West division and deciding if the Wild can really take them. Next up, the horrendous Los Angeles Kings. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask left the postseason bubble last year to tend to his sick daughter, he revealed this week. [Boston.com]
- The Florida Panthers will open the season with a 25% capacity allowed in their arena. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Toronto Maple Leafs forward Auston Matthews opened up his career with a four-goal performance against Craig Anderson and the Ottawa Senators. Everyone knows about it, but it’s interesting to hear from the opposing goaltender just how he felt through the historic performance.
Leaf fans will love this one! Ep 10 of “I was in net for”, I spoke to Craig Anderson about Auston Matthews’ 4-goal NHL debut. “I'm doing everything I possibly could, & this guy is still making me look silly" @MapleLeafs @CraigAnderson41 @AM34 @Senators— Rob Pizzo (@robpizzo) January 6, 2021