- Despite signing Cam Talbot as their starter, Minnesota Wild head coach Dean Evason will start the goalie that is feeling it and heading into the game with momentum, as he revealed yesterday during camp. [Star Tribune]
- Like the other 30 teams around the NHL, the Wild will need to cut down their roster before the end of the week, but there is an added twist. For this shortened season, there will be a taxi squad consisting of four to six extra players. We tried to predict who in the organization would be listed on that bonus roster. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Continuing our look around the league, we stopped by San Jose to look at how terrible the Sharks will be, unless a miracle happens. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Everyone’s favorite Russian rookie had his first media availability since he signed with the club more than a year ago, and it is full of that good stuff. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- It appears that the NHL Rulebook still goes through its annual update no matter the circumstances, as they have added a new gesture for the referees to use to signal the fighting penalty. Looks tough.
- If you are currently hoping that the North/all-Canadian division is going to last beyond this season, then you might want to sit down for this.
- Due to the departure of Zdeno Chara, a new Boston Bruins captain needed to be named. We all knew who it was going to be, but the team decided to pull a little prank on the old guy before the official unveiling.