- The Minnesota Wild now are represented by 13 players on the NHL’s COVID protocol list, after Victor Rask is back on it, after taking a brief 24-hour break.
Victor Rask has been added back to the NHL’s COVID protocols. He was on the list Monday but not listed Tuesday. #mnwild now has 13 players in the protocols: Bjugstad, Bonino, Brodin, Cole, Eriksson Ek, Foligno, Hunt, Johansson, Soucy, Spurgeon, Sturm, Talbot and Rask.— Sarah McLellan (@sarah__mclellan) February 10, 2021
- While the Wild are without any games to play and attempting to get healthy, AHL Iowa are going around flaunting all the new kids. One defenseman named Calen Addison is absolutely running the blue line offensively and is not going to stop until every single opposing player is left clueless. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The newly retired Wild legend, Mikko Koivu, truly deserved better to finish his career as a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets for a handful of games. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- The hits just keep on coming. During Tuesday night’s game between the Vegas Golden Knights and Anaheim Ducks, Vegas forward Tomas Nosek was removed due to testing positive. He was then isolated from his teammates and contract tracing was begun. [NHL]
- Due to multiple teams around them postponing their schedule because of COVID-related issues, the Arizona Coyotes and St. Louis Blues are playing each for seven consecutive games. Let’s check out one would prepare for such a grueling regular season series. [The Athletic]
- With Governor Andrew Cuomo making some stadiums available for fans, the trio of New York state teams announced vague decisions to allow fans in their buildings when possible.