- In Thursday night’s game against the Anaheim Ducks, Jared Spurgeon decided to do everything by himself and killed off a penalty with three consecutive clutch blocked shots with the game close.
Jared "master of the 5 on 3 defense" Spurgeon pic.twitter.com/MXYDQxCnGN— Giles Ferrell (@gilesferrell) February 19, 2021
- Calen Addison is two games into his professional hockey career and he’s making quite an impression. But has he preformed well enough to stick around on a logjammed blue line? [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild didn’t do a great job banking points earlier this season and that is come back to bite them. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- Toronto Maple Leafs star Auston Matthews is running away with the Rocket Richard race. All signs are pointing to 50 goals being realistic, even in this shortened 56-game season. [NBC Sports]
- The Red Deer Rebels of the WHL are letting their players stay inside the arena, instead of billet families during the season, and here is a deep look at the slumber party process. [The Athletic]
- Donald Brashear was one of the toughest players in the NHL, but he is still trying to find peace after losing almost everything to drugs and alcohol. [The Athletic]
- Calgary Flames netminder Jacob Markstrom just absolutely loves skating out of his crease. [Defector]