- Minnesota Wild center Victor Rask might be criticized from time to time about the cap hit he carries or the slumps he finds himself in, but in between Kirill Kaprizov and Mats Zuccarello, there is nothing not to like about his play. Adding goals and assists like they’re nothing, he recognizes the skill that head coach Dean Evason has given him on either wing.
- Despite a couple of wins against the Anaheim Ducks, Evason decided to switch things up and debuted a brand new top forward line against the San Jose Sharks last night. It definitely worked. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Before yesterday’s game, the Wild sent defenseman Calen Addison back down to Iowa for some more playing time. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Mats Zuccarello brings something the Wild have been missing this season. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Pittsburgh Penguins star Evgeni Malkin isn’t having a season we have come to expect from the established forward. There’s more to it than age. [The Athletic]
- A detailed look at just how the NHL was able to pull off the outdoor event at Lake Tahoe this past weekend. [The Athletic]
- If the Buffalo Sabres aren’t going to keep Jack Eichel, then what’s going to happen? [NBC Sports]
- A bizarre story from Monday. New York Rangers forward Artemi Panarin is taking a leave of absence from the team as some sketchy allegations have arisen after speaking up about the political situation currently in Russia. [Blueshirt Banter]