- During Wednesday night’s game against the Colorado Avalanche, Minnesota Wild winger Kirill Kaprizov was in his own world of offensive awareness and skating ability. Gliding around the ice with no care in the world and hunting the puck down like a madman as he created scoring opportunities.
This Kirill Kaprizov 4v4 shift from last night. Unbelievably fun to watch him play pic.twitter.com/pQoYmJinXf— Dimitri Filipovic (@DimFilipovic) February 25, 2021
- The Iowa Wild had a game postponed due to some COVID complications, but the game has now been rescheduled. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Ever since Mats Zuccarello returned from injury as the Wild resumed play after their forced break, he has been absolutely electric and the key figure in the team’s offense. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Ryan Hartman has been promoted to third-line center and he has been a welcome surprise so far this season. [The Athletic]
- Kaapo Kahkonen’s rise as a young netminder means he can share the pipes with Cam Talbot. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- After pulling out the coach firing card, Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin has limited options left. It all hangs on Claude Julien’s replacement, Dominique Ducharme. [The Athletic]
- A bunch of current and former NHL players have been going to school, trying to figure out a post-hockey career. [The Athletic]
- The St. Louis Blues really tried hard, but they still lost. [Defector]
- The Buffalo Sabres are in hell, but is it time to think again of Victor Olofsson’s role? [Die By The Blade]
- Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux should be a Selke Trophy candidate. [Broad Street Hockey]