- Just in case you were too busy watching your favorite show last night, the NHL announced that the Minnesota Wild will have at least their next four games postponed due to six players testing positive for COVID-19. [Hockey Wilderness]
- All of this happened after it was initially announced that more players were going on the league’s COVID-19 protocol list. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In non-life threatening news, the Wild might have a potential depth gem in Gerald Mayhew. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Amidst the shitshow that is the NHL right now, the AHL is starting this weekend and we got you covered for everything that has changed for the Iowa Wild this season. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Kirill Kaprizov is leading most Calder Trophy polls right now, but let’s take a look around the league and check out the competition. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild’s power play sucks big time. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- In other depressing news, the NWHL has suspended its Lake Placid bubble due to safety concerns. [The Ice Garden]
- Philadelphia Flyers netminder Carter Hart is at the center of this heartwarming story. [NBC Sports]
Wholesome Carter(s) Content.— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) January 8, 2021
When Carter Hart received his first Reverse Retro jersey, he felt it should really belong to Carter Gettler, a five-year-old battling LCH.
Hartsy and the Flyers are #cocostrong. pic.twitter.com/ULYROqlEM4