- Minnesota Wild defenseman Brad Hunt is the newest member of the team to be added to the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol list.
#mnwild's Brad Hunt added to the NHL's protocol list. That's now 9 players since last Sunday. As I noted a few days ago, the last two, Hunt and Ian Cole, were on the Wild's plane coming home.— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) February 7, 2021
Sam Girard is now the third #avs player added since playing Minnesota 3 games in a row https://t.co/8vUDVPw7ac
- With the Wild’s games postponed, the Iowa Wild had a perfect opportunity to debut some key prospects on Friday, and they did just that, despite losing their season opener. [Hockey Wilderness]
- This Iowa Wild team has the potential to be a fun one. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Hockey Day Minnesota is back, kind of. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Jared Spurgeon isn’t getting the love for Team Canada’s potential 2020 Olympic team. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- Florida Panthers defenseman Keith Yandle has carried the “good teammate” moniker throughout his entire career, so here’s a couple of solid stories of him. [The Athletic]
- The NHL was able to change up some of their schedule, due to multiple postponements. [NBC Sports]
- Calgary Flames legend and Hockey Hall of Famer, Jarome Iginla, recently started coaching some minor hockey in Kelowna, British Columbia. [CBC]
- Edmonton Oilers duo Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl has started their season historically red hot. [The Athletic]