- The Minnesota Wild’s young netminder Kaapo Kahkonen is earning some comparisons to a former goalie that held the starting role here for quite a while. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- The NHL and ESPN have reached an agreement on a new seven-year broadcasting deal for the media giant to become one of the league’s media partners starting next season. [Sportsnet]
- According to Pierre Lebrun, Buffalo Sabres center and former Wild man, Eric Staal, is welcome to a trade to a contending team prior to the April 12 trade deadline. The Edmonton Oilers might be one of those teams that are interested. [TSN]
- If the New York Rangers could do it all over again, would they pick someone different than Alexis Lafreniere with the most recent top selection? [The Athletic]
- Since making grand statements and displaying them across the broadcast and arena through the playoff bubble, what has the NHL done about diversity since? [The Athletic]