- Minnesota Wild rookie netminder sensation Kaapo Kahkonen is in the middle of a historic streak. Considering that he started this season as the third-stringer, it’s quite a feat for where he is now.
- What should we expect from the Wild at the trade deadline? Well they have so far been labelled as sellers and have a couple big UFAs to give to other contenders. [The Athletic]
- Speaking of the trade deadline, should Minnesota even sell? With this newfound success and unexpected wins, they’re in an interesting spot with not a whole lot to lose for keeping this roster rolling through the rest of the season. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- More details about the NHL and ESPN’s seven-year broadcasting deal has come out. [ESPN]
- Speaking of ESPN, could Gary Thorne return as the premier voice for the NHL on the network? [The Athletic]
- Before the 2020-21 season began, San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane filed for bankruptcy. Now, the team has notified the court that they might void the remainder of his contract. [The Athletic]
- During a game between the Tampa Bay Lightning and Detroit Red Wings, a horn could not keep quiet. [Defector]